As it turns out, the majority of Muscovites have become reserved as a result of the evolution of Moscow-2016, and this is the secret of happiness in the era of the next crisis.
The trend of a healthy lifestyle, the attention to what and how we eat are the results of a new focus.
It seems that the most progressive people moved from nightclubs to gyms, and the new – literal – lightness of being is now the counting of calories and the joy for a refined reflection in the mirror. And I think, it’s not about the supposedly imposed standards of beauty, but about the fact that people massively want to get rid of cargo in the form of extra pounds, bad habits and a precarious health.
Mesmerized by a new idea, they flocked to the light of organic-shops’ showcases, fitness clubs and healthy restaurants like moths. We’ll discuss that later.
The list of Moscow restaurants with a “proper nutritious menu” is not long. In addition, the restaurateurs, as well as the consumers themselves, still have not agreed in the matters of what is healthy and what is not, what is organic food, and what is not, whether pasta is considered a diet food, if there is a “pasta diet”, and so on.
In this review, I suggest to mean the control of fast carbohydrates under the term “diet”. And, I want to remind you (as well as myself) that fast carbohydrates – are not only delicious sweet things, but also white rice, potatoes, and etc. Google “glycemic index” to find the full list of products with fast carbohydrates. The subject of controlling carbohydrates is gaining its relevance to the end of the day, when the slightest gastronomic misstep will lead your fat depot to start being shipped with enemy trains.
Three Rules of the Proper Nutritious Dinner:
- Carbohydrates – a categorical no. Only slow (or, alternatively, long) carbohydrates are valid in small amounts.
- Fats – a polite no, including avocados, nuts, cream, meat, duck, and cheeses. But using essential oils in the first half of the day is your sacred duty, because it is the raw material for the production of hormones, and thus, our being. Polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6 are easier to get from fresh linseed oil, ocean (not farmed) salmon and dietary supplements.
- Protein in combination with greens – yes.
The Proper Nutrition Dictionary:
- Bulgur – grits treated with boiling water, dried, and extirpation to wheat bran. It contains a bunch of vitamins, especially group B.
- Kale – elating leaf cabbage (the web has proof-references to scientific studies).
- Quinoa (golden corn, rice quinoa) – Indian cereal, resembles the taste of unpolished rice.
- Sweet Potatoes – the fruit of longevity and the libido’s friend, reminiscent of the taste of sweet pumpkin. Sometimes tastes like bananas, melons, nuts, onions and even chestnuts.
Where to Eat:
Jean Jacques (unbelievable but true!)
- Salad with Red Cabbage, Apples, Oranges, Nuts, Spinach and Bulgur – 190 Rub
- Lyons Salad with Spinach, Poached Egg and Chicken – 320 Rub
- Fillet of Chicken Breast with Coconut-Mango Sauce and Salsa – 420 Rub
- Wild Salmon with Zucchini Spaghetti – 490 Rub
- Classic Onion Soup – 250 Rub
- Quinoa with Pumpkin, Shitake Mushrooms, Zucchini, Bean Sprouts, Saffron and Sesame Oil – 400 Rub
- Green Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Homemade Salsa – 320 Rub
- Chicken Breast Fillet with Basil Sauce – 360 rub
- Tataki of Tuna with Spinach and Olive Sauce – 530 rub
- Green Smoothies with Kale – 270 Rub
- Salad with Celery Root and Truffle Oil – 550 Rub
- Salad with Mushrooms, Vegetables and Eggs – 600 Rub
- Steamed Tofu in Japanese Bullion – 490 Rub
- Soba with Teriyaki Chicken – 650 Rub
- Kiwi and Strawberry Smoothies – 350 Rub
- Porridge with Berries, Flax and Pumpkin Seeds. Possible with no milk. (!) – 300 Rub
- Power Fritters with Millet, Quinoa, Strawberry Sauce and Sour Cream – 450 Rub
- Edamame – Green Soy Beans, Savoy Cabbage, Cucumber, Sunflower Sprouts, Parsley, Cilantro, mix of “Charge Protein” and Lettuce – 500 Rub
- Beach – Grilled Red Pepper, Zucchini and Sweet Potatoes with Avocado, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Sunflower Sprouts, Olive Oil, Tamari Sauce, Lemon, a mixture of Herbs and Tofu Steaks or Grilled Goat Cheese to choose from – 600 Rub
- “Light Breath” Drink (hot, spicy) – Pineapple, Apple, Ginger, Lemon, Cayenne Pepper, Royal Jelly. The price includes a 1000ml bottle that you can refill with the juice with a 15% discount. – 400 Rub
The owners say that more than 350 different dishes of seven cuisines can be found here every day. The format of the restaurant is self-service, with a buffet and a private court with pizza, pasta, sushi, vokami, grilled dishes and pastries. There is also a bar with cocktails and alcohol for every taste and budget. It is especially inspiring to know that the dishes do not include flavor enhancers, cook their own fruit drinks and acidify their own real kefir and yogurt.
You can choose the ingredients you need from a huge selection, some of them could be cooked in front of you which means that proper nutrition geeks can ask for an omelet without salt (!).
For the dietary pleasures on the protein line the ideal choices are: white meat in the form of steamed turkey cutlets, lean white fish fillet, omelets made of proteins exclusively.
Finally, there is a selection of slow carbohydrates – buckwheat, barley, pasta from durum wheat. Vegetables can be cooked in various ways: steamed, fresh, grilled, fried in batter, squeezed into juice.
The dietetic foods are prudently moved to a separate court, designated with a large light display “For those who are on a diet”, so you will not get lost. And, most importantly – all of this can be taken to-go in eco-friendly packaging.
- Mango Rolls – 480 Rub
- Mille-Feuille made of Tofu in Peanut Sauce – 480 Rub
- Rice Burger with Salmon, Mango and Avocado Puree – 670 Rub
- Tuna with Asian Sauce on a bed of Lettuce Mix with Avocado – 550 Rub
- Omelet with Vegetables (Turmeric, Spinach, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Bell Pepper, Green) – 290 Rub
Enjoy your meal!